Sponsored Content

The Missing Link

The .link domain is a great solution for businesses looking for an effective way to connect with the online community

What’s the first thing that comes to mind when you see the domain: .link?

If your gut response is, “It could be applied to anything,” then you can see see how the domain’s generality is also its strength.

The great thing about .link is that it’s a blank canvas businesses can use in ways that fit their needs—that’s why over 50,000 .link domains have been registered since April 2014, placing it in the Top 20 of new generic top-level domains.

Its versatility truly is the key to its success, and is also what makes it the perfect domain candidate with the supply of good online names dwindling. Although a blank canvas may initially be daunting to some, the freedom .link provides is substantial: imagine using it as an address for your main website or  branded URL shortener; or a marketing campaign; or perhaps a community outreach program; maybe  even as a location for case studies.

Furthremore, .link has been called a more intuitive alternative to .com, and that may be an understatement: links are what get us to where we want to go online and allow us to discover new things. Simply put, it’s a key word in the culture of the Internet: .link instantly makes sense on a fundamental level with domain owners and everyone navigating online.

Here’s another great advantage of .link: there are no restrictions on .link names. Anyone can register a .link for any reason. Incidentally, it can be had for about $10 annually.

If you want to promote professional networking and team building, then .link is a good solution. Whatever the purpose, businesses have free reign and total control. All kinds of ideas, projects and brands can benefit from being associated with this domain.

An estimated 2.8 billion people use the Internet worldwide. That may seem like a lot, but in fact it’s only 39 per cent of the world’s population. Given .link’s phenomenal growth in a short period of time, the gTLD (generic Top Level Domains) is expected to expedite the process of linking the Internet to the remaining 61 per cent not yet connected to the online world.